Most of the intelligence community doesn’t believe he exists. The ones that do call him the Winter Soldier. He’s credited over two dozen assassinations in the last 50 years.
just you try and stop me.
The other day we took our 14 year old sheltie for a surprise ice cream. This was his reaction
hand writing at the start of an exam
hand writing at the end of an exam
we must protect the melon at all costs
"Coincidentally, my first lesson will be the same as all my other lessons. Now, repeat after me: Qui fugiebat rursus fugiet - or, in modern terms: He who fights and runs away, lives to flee another day.”
Wow, now I feel super-excited about the idea of a Discworld/Harry Potter crossover fanfic where Rincewind teaches the ill-fated DADA class. Heck, he’s so used to winding up in impossibly difficult situations and somehow surviving, he might actually become the first person to survive long enough to teach the class two years in a row (if it weren’t for the fact that he’d probably have fled Hogwarts long before then).
The other school staff might also have something to say about his insistence on referring to his new place of employment as Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizzardry. (Possibly even Wizzzardry.)
Considering some of the stuff that happens at Hogwards, there are some times when I can totally see Rincewind being the voice of reason.
- "A magical diary, eh? Better destroy it just to be sure."
- "Ah, well, apparently Sirius Black is innocent and your rat is guilty and that’s quite surprising but did you know that London is lovely this time of year?"
- "Excuse me Minister, but do we really have to have a Triwizard Tournament? Even though it’s obviously been tampered with? Ah. Well. I just need to check on my… luggage.”
- "Yes, you can go to the Ministry of Magic if you really want, if you’re fine with being the Boy Who Lived, past tense, rather than the Boy Who Kept On Living To A Ripe Old Age. Not as exciting, but infinitely preferable I assure you!”
- "Headmaster Umbridge, I regret to inform you that I must resign from my position as Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor at Hogwarts. Do not look for me. —R"
Baby fox I met today in the forest